GLASGOW HARBOUR – RIVERSIDE MUSEUM
The Riverside Museum of Transport and Travel, changed name from Glasgow Museum of Transport in 2011 when it moved from Glasgow City’s Kelvin Hall to Glasgow Harbour.
Glasgow Museum of Transport was established in 1964 and hold a vast collection related to transport.
The Riverside Museum was the Winner of the 2013 European Museum of the Year Award.
Finnieston Quay is located on the North side of River Clyde in Glasgow; before the deindustrialisation the area was filled of docks and warehouses; today it’s an area for housing and businesses.
Queen’s Dock was opened in 1877 to be used for exporting goods from Glasgow city around the world. Sadly, the docks were closed in 1969.
Today, you shall find the following businesses on the banks of Finnieston Quay e.g. Clyde Auditorium, Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC), SSE Hydro Arena, Glasgow City Heliport, Crowne Plaza Hotel etc.
River Clyde is the second longest river in Scotland with its around 40 miles (65 km) long; meandering though the various landscape and suburban areas, including the heart of city of Glasgow. The river stretches from the Firth of Clyde near Port Glasgow, Inverclyde to Glenochar, South Lanarkshire.
Tags: glasgow, riverside museum, museum of transport, river clyde, glasgow harbour, harbour, finnieston quay, river, clyde, monocrome, black and white, scotland